Dr. Levi Arnold practices “The Gonstead teachnique” and will use the 5 components of Gonstead Chiropractic;
1. X-ray= to see is to know, to not see is to guess, we do not guess about your health. Full spine X-rays are essential to Gonstead Chiropractic.
2. Visualization= This begins as soon as you walk in the room. We watch your gait and your posture. We also look at your skin for any marks, blemishes or visible pockets of swelling.
3. Instrumentation= in Gonstead, we utilize an instruement called the Nervoscope. This allows us to detect heat differences at the spinal level. These readings show if there is a subluxation present or not.
4. Palpation= Gonstead Chiropractors utilize both STATIC and MOTION palpation. Static palpation tells us differences in texture, temperature and areas of swelling. Motion palpation shows us where areas of joint restriction are located. Palpation provides critical information for not only location of a subluxation but direction in which it is subluxated.
5. Case History= The case history is about you and your SYMPTOMS. Although we never use symptoms in a “1+1=2” format, your symptoms ca help separate the two parts of your Autonomic Nervous System (parasympathetic and sympathetic) to aid us in applying a specific adjustment.
Dr. Levi does steps 1-5 on first visit, the Gonstead system is used every time with the patient in the room and prior to adjustment, case history will be asked numerous times on events in the past and how we can understand and apply specific adjustments.
Dr. Levi has no magic wand but with time and consistency, the symptoms of your start will be a memory of the past. Your Nervous system is meant to have no interference so it can function optimally.
If you have any questions regarding your first visit, please don’t hesitate to call us at (920) 743-6919.